Monday, August 29, 2011

When I started in real estate...

It started out when I was only 19, being fascinated with homes, architecture, décor- you name it.  I attended a real estate licensing class during the year I took off from college to see if I could break into the business, but alas, it was very expensive and I was BROKE.  So, back to college… twice!
After being a nurse in Spartanburg, South Carolina for six years and still having another four years to pay off my student loans, I quit my nursing career to once again try my hand in the real estate business.  It’s funny now that I have been in the business for a decade, I know all too well that you don’t “try out the real estate business, it tries you out”.  That was a saying I heard many years ago and I am confident that the real estate business has accepted me for who I am with all my faults and uniqueness.
This is the beginning of my 10th year in the real estate business and I am so glad this is my chosen profession.  I love getting to meet new people and be faced with a different kind of challenge every day. I have fun showing houses, love to negotiate, feel challenged to see what it will take to get a house sold in any given market, still enjoy the decorating and so I encourage a great deal of home staging.  All in all, this career choice has been great for my family too.  I may have to work crazy hours, but that flexibility has allowed me to participate (or be a spectator) in so many things I am sure I would have missed throughout the past 10 years.
Thanks to all of you that have made me a success during this crazy time in the real estate industry and please know that I am NEVER too busy for any of your real estate referrals!

No comments:

Post a Comment